We are changing the world, one municipality at a time!
Cocoflo is at the forefront of the SMART CITY movement! We partner with municipalities to expedite and execute their SMART CITY transformation strategies. We help cities, towns, and jurisdictions get ahead of an evolving digital world with innovative solutions in open data, e-services, e-governance, and payment processing. Some other interesting facts:
- We are a rapidly expanding start-up pivoting to a high growth phase
- We are looking for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create a lasting impact
- We're Vancouver based with presence across Canada & the US
- Join our team and be a part of the transformation
Your position on the team – All Star!
Reporting to: Senior Project Manager
You are a Full Stack Developer! A champion of Cocoflo’s innovative development! A defender of SMART CITY living! A conduit from development to solution! You are responsible for the following:
- Backend and frontend development
Be a key team member in developing the correlated infrastructure to support the codebase and its deployment. Plan and develop front and back-end components for web applications using React and NodeJs.
Assume a proactive role in all stages of the development process – you are instrumental to building reusable code and libraries, ensuring technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, and optimizing applications for speed and scalability.
- Collaboration with key stakeholders
Project Generation, Project Management, Quality Assurance and Operations all look to you collaborate and coordinate with a multidisciplinary team in an Agile environment.
What you bring to the team – the tools & the talent!
A winning approach
- A passionate approach to work with a desire to push boundaries
- Striving for efficiency without sacrificing quality
- Collaborative & team oriented
- Attention to detail
- Self-starting and self-motivated
- Always looking for a better way
The spot-on skills
- High proficiency with a variety coding tools – React, NodeJS, SQLAlchemy, and Flutter for mobile
- Proficiency with tools such as Jira, Atlassian, Confluence, Gitlab
- Understanding a variety of coding concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience with AWS or other cloud service.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and code CSS, HTML5
The track record
- Proven success with SaaS start-ups
- 3-5 years of software development
- B2G SaaS development experience is an asset
The knowledge fit
- Graduated from a post-secondary institution
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering is preferred
- Solid knowledge of municipal government is a definite plus.
- SaaS, technology or a large transaction/process driven business would be nice to have.
What's in it for you?
At Cocoflo, achievement is team based. Your wins are our wins and vice versa. We want everybody on our team to reach their full potential. To do so, we offer the following:
- Competitive compensation with base salary and bonus
- A culture defined by a healthy and supportive work-life balance.
- A dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Opportunities to do challenging work and to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Cocoflo is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.