We are changing the world, one municipality at a time!
Cocoflo is at the forefront of the SMART CITY movement! We partner with municipalities to expedite and execute their SMART CITY transformation strategies. We help cities, towns, and jurisdictions get ahead of an evolving digital world with innovative solutions in open data, e-services, e-governance, and payment processing. Some other interesting facts:
- We are a rapidly expanding start-up pivoting to a high growth phase
- We are looking for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create a lasting impact
- We're Vancouver based with presence across Canada & the US
- Join our team and be a part of the transformation
Your position on the team – All Star!
Reporting to: VP, Operations
You are a Senior DevOps Engineer! A leader of Cocoflo’s innovative development! A defender of SMART CITY living! A conduit from development to solution! You are responsible for the following:
- Innovative & Comprehensive Product Development
Provide direction (both technical and people-focused) for the team responsible for developing and growing the DevOps culture in the organization for Cocoflo’s software platforms, while transforming the development process for existing applications and software development into Continuous Delivery-driven SDLC development cycle.
Manage a team of developers and encourage creativity and efficiency throughout complex digital projects by leveraging a deep understanding of each developer’s role and how it contributes to the end product.
- Collaboration with key stakeholders
Project Generation, Project Management, Quality Assurance and Operations all look to you to provide the “how to”. You are an instrumental leader in the organization.
What you bring to the team – the tools & the talent!
A winning approach
- A passionate approach to work with a desire to push boundaries
- Striving for efficiency without sacrificing quality
- Collaborative & team oriented
- Attention to detail
- Self-starting and self-motivated
- Always looking for a better way
The spot-on skills
- High proficiency with CI/CD pipeline and DevOps
- High proficiency with AWS and other cloud services
- High proficiency with container orchestration systems for automating software deployment, scaling, and management such as Kubernetes
- Experience building, maintaining, and optimizing data pipelines and overall data platform
- Experience with data orchestration frameworks and tooling such as AWS Lambda and schedulers such as Airflow
The track record
- Proven success with SaaS start-ups
- 8+ years of software development
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering and/or cloud/web engineering or related experience
- Has mentored software developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs
- High scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation
- Debugging distributed systems with high data loads
- Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- B2G SaaS development experience is an asset
The knowledge fit
- Graduated from a post-secondary institution
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering is preferred
- Solid knowledge of municipal government is a definite plus
- SaaS, technology or a large transaction/process driven business would be nice to have
What's in it for you?
At Cocoflo, achievement is team based. Your wins are our wins and vice versa. We want everybody on our team to reach their full potential. To do so, we offer the following:
- Competitive compensation with base salary and bonus
- A culture defined by a healthy and supportive work-life balance.
- A dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Opportunities to do challenging work and to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Cocoflo is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.